Monday, October 6, 2008

Denise McGill

On Friday I got the opportunity to meet a professional photographer. Her name is Denise McGill. She travels to other countries around the world and takes pictures of different things such as the AIDS epidemic. She had a variety of different pictures up for display, each with their own story, one always very different then the other. I was very moved by her work so I asked her about it. I asked her if people were her favorite subject to photograph since most of her pictures were of people of all different ages and she said yes. I asked her about her relationship between the people she is photographing and her. She said she tells the people that she wants to take pictures of them and share their story with the world and then starts shooting away. She said sometimes it may get awkward if her subject is struggling through a crisis or problem but she is there to do her job so she said she still takes pictures of them even if their going through something unfortunate. It really was an honor getting to meet her and see her work and hear her talk about it.

No comments:

MY BEST FRIEND!!

MY BEST FRIEND!!

Dance Girlies!

Dance Girlies!

My Favorite little girl Kayla boo

My Favorite little girl Kayla boo