Tuesday, September 23, 2008

New Assignment! Framing a picture

Part one: Word Inspiration
I felt the top picture did not work very well to express my word. I dont like the angle of the womans hand on top of the mans. The hands make a weird angle and look somewhat distorted.

I like the bottom picture a lot though. It works better because the two hands are not in the same position. They are also interacting with each other rather then just displaying something.

Part two: Object or body part
For this part of the assignment I chose a bird bath as my object. The top one is the one I dont like. The bird bath is too centered and too symetrical. It makes the picture boring to look at because not much is going on. Your eye doesnt focus on anything but the bath itself which is not what I was going for.

The picture below I feel is a lot more interesting. The bird bath is off to the side of the frame which opens up the picture and allows you to look at the bird bath but also the building and nature that is behind it.

Part 3: Landscape

For this part of the assignment I chose a landscape that had more going on then just classic land and then sky. I took many pictures of this area in different ways. The picture above I dont feel worked very well overall. I dont like the building in the background of the tree because it makes the nature part go away a little bit I feel. I also dont like that the tree is smack in the middle, drawing our eyes to it.

The bottom picture I feel worked a lot better. I like that you can see mostly grass but a small piece of sidewalk on the lower left side. I also like that the tree is a little off center from the frame because I think it makes it look more interesting. Overall there is more to look at and less to get distracted by in this picture.

No comments:

MY BEST FRIEND!!

MY BEST FRIEND!!

Dance Girlies!

Dance Girlies!

My Favorite little girl Kayla boo

My Favorite little girl Kayla boo